Sunday, March 2, 2014

Canon EOS Rebel T3 EOS 1100D

I bought a new camera a few days before we left on our trip. My goal is to learn how to use it fairly well before the end of our month here. I had been looking at the Canon Rebel for quite some time, and decided that Canon EOS Rebel T3 EOS 1100D would suite my purposes for the next couple of years. I bought the bundle with the 75-300 mm zoom lens.

Of course, I had no time to do anything but unpack and take a couple of test shots, just to make sure it works. This morning, I took out the book and practiced a few simple shots with the lens that comes with the camera. I've had a Canon in the past so I had no trouble with the basic package, using automatic, not manual settings.

The zoom lens was another matter! Bob had to explain how it works and I had trouble inserting the lens properly. Finally, I got the hang of it -- works better when you snap it in right. Not ready to post any pics yet but I'm fairly sure I'll be ready in a few days.